Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh how they grow

"Baby girl" is commonly used when talking to Sarah, but as I look at her I know that she truly isn't a baby anymore. My she's growing so fast. I keep thinking in just 2 short months Sarah will be the same age that Kaitlin was when Sarah was born. At 20 months Sarah is still a little bitty (just like her sister), but so smart. She takes so much in, is such an observer, so CLEVER (as her Great Grandpa Halwas would have said if he met her).
She is so empathic. When Kaitlin is upset over something Sarah is often giving hugs or kisses. Sarah motor skills are amazing! Running up and down just like Kaitlin with only the very odd fall.
Her fine motor skills are stellar. I remember her picking up her soother at a very very young age (now if I could remember exactly wouldn't that be great) and now with over a year a half experience she can open up a lid the size of a pinky or as big as a tennis ball.
Sarah has recently blasted of with her words. Just a few days ago she said "I want a new bed." Her first word, "Papa" caught my attention just as much as this 5 word sentence did. I am just so proud of her.
I am truly blessed to be Sarah's mom and so look forward to many more discovering with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment