Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's been rough

It's been a rough few weeks. Sarah has decided to let all four of us NOT sleep. She has been waking up 3 - 7 times a night for the last...well since we got sick over christmas.
Poor Sarah has also had a cough and has been congested. She is irritable, fussy, clingy and not her usuall self. I tookher into see our family doctor and was told to bring her back if she still had a cough in a week. Over the weekend she caught a fever so I took her into the Urgent care. She is now on antibiotics and still is not her 100% self.

I somehow get by on little sleep. Jemahl and Kaitlin don't do as well. Over the last few days though I think it has really hit me. Im doing fine with the sleep, and still get all the daily tasks complete, kids safe and all of us fed. I even find time to play with the girls and have a few moments to myself. However, this no sleeping thing is waring on me. I am losing patience, frustrated and really not my normal self. The one phrase that has been running through my mind is "I should be locked up." I feel like a horrible mother and feel I am neglecting Jemahl, yet to everyone looking on I seem "put together (??)".

I know this is just a phase and soon we will all be sleeping and feel rested, but I sure do wish this could pass quickly. Elizabeth Pantley's No cry sleep solution is being put to use to help us through this "phase."

Wow, could I be any more honest. Even through this rough time we have good moments and SMILES.






No comments:

Post a Comment