Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A garden

With the ground still frozen, Jemahl went out to the back yard in attempts to make a garden.  He dug and dug (made some pretty good muscles) in the frozen dirt and gave up till the ground was a little more thawed.  He went out got the wood, dirt, fertilizer and hammered away and built me a garden.
A couple months before Leah was born I was out planting the garden.  Carrots, dill, peas, beans, cucumber and raspberries.
Jemahl would come home from work each day and would look for a sprout and then come in telling me I messed up the garden.  I reminded him it just took time....yes time and our garden did blossom. 
 The pants never stay on long...nothing like being half nude in the summer watering the garden
                      The weeds from just one day...alot can get accomplished at nap time!
We enjoyed ice cream pails full of fresh peas, a hand full of raspberries (next year will be a gooder, I think), green and yellow beans and even some carrots.  It was very tasty.  Can't wait to do it all again next year....but hopefully with alot less weeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment